As the largest fabricator in the north east of Scotland we deliver fabrication projects of all scope, scale and complexity.
Our in-house fabrication capability, which includes our dedicated facilities in Aberdeen and our specialist fabrication team, gives our customers assurance that their fabrication projects will be delivered safely, efficiently and cost-effectively.
As an independent business, we can react quickly to unforeseen changes and challenges and deliver bespoke solutions on demand - solutions that keep our customers' projects on schedule and on budget.
Our fabrication team has a proven track record in manufacturing complex and technically challenging structures for asset integrity modification and major brownfield projects. Our structural fabrication capability includes: Module & pre-assembled unit (PAU) steelwork, riser clamp & pipe supports and replacement handrails & grating panels.
Our pipework fabrication service is managed by our dedicated pipework team. With an extensive library of welding procedure specifications, we work with all types of metals and grades. We are an approved pressure equipment manufacturer, with a certified quality assurance system that meets the requirements of the Pressure Equipment Regulations (PER) SI: 2016/1105- Module H Full Quality Assurance Certificate.
scopes tested in a three-year period, resulting in zero quality issues by third-party inspection
due to minimal third-party inspection via our controlled QA processes
network in Scotland
WHERE WE ADD VALUE
- Facilities: Global E&C Fabrication is based at the Nord Centre in Aberdeen with direct access to the quayside. Comprising three covered workshops, it is fully serviced with overhead cranes, extensive yard space, and has 24/7 security cover and CCTV.
- People: Our extensive fabrication team is supportedby a qualified Welding/Materials Engineer, in compliance with ISO 3834/EN1090, who is responsible for material selection, weld procedure qualification and selection and for overseeing all welding technology and equipment, materials composition, codes, design and welding activities. We also allocate a fabrication focal point to every contract to ensure consistent engagement with our customers.
- Equipment: We have the specialist tools and equipment needed to undertake all fabrication requirements associated with topside pipework and structural steel fabrication and welding activities.
- Fast track service: operating a 24/7 service, we fabricate to the most challenging timescales.
- Procedures: we hold more than 2,000 pre-qualified weld procedures covering a vast range of materials, diameters and thicknesses suitable for topside pipework and structural steel welding activities.
- People: as an independent business, we have the agility to react at pace to scale our people capacity up or down, depending on the size, scope and complexity of a project.
- Integrated services: our engineering, design and fabrication teams work closely together to minimise the risk of design to fabrication error, improve accountability and reduce third-party interface costs. As a result of the direct interface and input to fabrication constructability reviews, a more efficient execution and improved design is achieved. Similarly, the integration of our fabrication and construction teams enables us to react quickly to any fail to fit scenario during the construction phase, resulting in improved response when we are constructing to our own fabrication. During site outages and shutdowns this capability can be critical in ensuring fast remediation of any constructability-related issues, which may directly impact schedules and production.
- All fabrication scopes can be tracked on our live, in-house digital eco-system, Slingshot. Designed by Global E&C specifically for brownfield execution, Slingshot gives our customers instant access to the right information at the right time, in the right place, reducing risk and improving transparency, efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
The very backbone of our heritage began with fabrication, and we’ve evolved with the ever-changing demands of the energy industry to be the leading offshore provider of fabrication services. We have the ability to react at pace, and the agility and flexibility to scale up or down depending on the size, scope, and complexity of a project, ensuring our customers stay on budget and on schedule.