We are hiring!
As an execution led brownfield contractor with a depth of expertise across survey, engineering, fabrication and construction services, our delivery model is underpinned by a dynamic, proactive culture that challenges the norm and aims to deliver better results for our customers.
We have a further requirement for engineering services with offshore brownfield experience in the following discipline to support upcoming work scopes. You will be required to execute the stress analysis activities for the Piping discipline within budget and schedule whilst maintaining technical integrity.
• Piping & Stress Engineer
• Execute and coordinate the stress analysis activities associated with Piping engineering (Concept, FEED, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
• Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and procedures
• Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel as required
• Keep up-to-date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope
• Review, check and approve pipe stress and piping engineering deliverables within the norms
• Prepare and assist in the preparation of estimates and schedules and review or assist in their review
• Ensure scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
• Ensure planning and cost control on all scopes are maintained
• Piping and valve material selection / assessment for various services
• Ability to understand client requirements, define a scope of work and then drive this through to detail design and support fabrication and construction
You should hold:
• UK Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering accredited by an appropriate Engineering Institution (preferred) with Chartered Engineer Status
Specific Training / Specialist Skills:
• Fully conversant with ASME B31.3, PE(S)R, BS8010, ASME VIII, PD5500, BS EN 13480, ASME B16.5, API 6D, NEMA SM 23, API 610, API 617, etc.
• Fully conversant with latest revision of Caesar II stress analysis software package. Both Dynamic and Static analysis.
• Conversant with latest revision of Caesar II structural modeller
• Conversant with Engineering software including latest version of Mathcad.
• Fully conversant with material and valve properties and selection techniques
• Knowledge of drafting software including 2D/3D CAD systems (Autocad)
• Offshore fixed and floating platforms, Drilling systems, FPSO’s, and Onshore plant piping and stress experience.
• Flowlines, Reciprocating and Centrifugal Pump and Compressor systems, Platform bridge lines, Relief valve/bursting disc operation, Slug and Blast loading.
To register your interest, please reach out to Recruitment_GlobalEC@global-ec.com